We are always happy to see new patients, adults and children. The link between oral health and your general health is growing and so we will always focus on achieving a healthy mouth. Upon your enquiry, our patient care team will invite you to visit one of our dentists for your consultation.
All of our new patients will have a thorough 15- point consultation.
Your first visit will be as follows:
- Discuss concerns you have with the health of your teeth/mouth
- Discuss concerns you have with the appearance of your smile
- Cover your medical history
- Social factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption and diet
- Check your TMJ/jaw joints for health and function
- Check the face and neck for signs of disease and oral cancer
- Check the soft tissues including the lips, cheeks, palate, tongue and floor of the mouth for signs of disease and oral cancer
- Review the way in which you are caring for you teeth and if necessary discuss ways to improve
- Examine the health of teeth looking for signs of tooth wear, tooth decay and failing restorations
- Examine the teeth for staining and discolouration
- Examine your bite
- Check the gums in detail for disease
- Take X-rays where necessary
- Discuss the findings of the exam and any treatment that may be indicated
- Discuss ways to improve the health of your mouth in the long term
We look forward to welcoming you.